Sunday, January 02, 2011

Sunday

Happy New Year to all!

Nice weekend here, although nothing overly exciting.  I did get in a couple of good spin class workouts, and did the circuit with The Winniferous twice as well.  Friday was in the high 50's, and then the front came in and we didn't get over 25 the last two days. 

I enjoyed 3's travelogue recounting her 2010 adventures.  She definitely earned the title of Road Daughter of the Year.  Between interviewing, business meetings, and pleasure travel, she hit a lot of zip codes.  It keeps things interesting.

My records for 2010 are posted on my basement wall.  Along with tokens from trips and events for each of the last several years.  I mark a calendar in my downstairs bathroom each day with my workout (if any!) and the travel or other event that occurred that day.  I tack up the ticket from the game, the airline or the hotel or rental car receipt to further document my life.  No specific pattern.  The calendars serve as broad separating devices.  (If you double-click on the pic, you might be able to recognize some of the items for 2010.)

I am most proud of the fam getting together for 5 full-participation FFF's in 2010.  Not many families with adult children in this many area codes are able to pull off that kind of accomplishment more than once or twice a year.  Congrats to the girls for making the commitment.

The Big Ten made quite a statement yesterday.  The state of Michigan has some 'splainin' to do.  Good thing that Iowa and Illinois took care of business earlier in the week.  Does Nebraska's loss credit to the Big Ten?  At least ND showed up.  (Or more aptly put, Miami didn't.  Did you see all those Hurricanes dressed in their balaclava's under their helmets?  To keep warm in temperatures in the mid 30's?)

I'm going to do a Top Ten list tomorrow for my 2011 goals.  I just double-checked, and I didn't put a list on the books here last January.  (I wanted to critique it.)  One of the for-sure goals for 2011 will be the La Tourmalet climb in Spain in August. 

Good luck with the new week.  And with the new year.

BCOT

No comments: