Thursday, January 06, 2011

Thursday

Not really sure what was going on last night that had Blogger unable to get me signed in to the entry section, but otherwise permitted additions to Comments for the non-entry.  I suppose that it could be a bug in the laptop, which is why I am at least getting something started here on my desktop before I head out for the evening.

2 is Asian Daughter of the Day.  She dropped me a brief email at 0700 this morning to let us know that she had made it to her hotel in Hong Kong.  On a running-clock basis, she was traveling for about 27 hours from the time she would have left the hotel where they were staying at near O'Hare.  That's a trip.

My longest trip would have been in the late Summer of 1973 when I left Travis Air Force Base near San Fran and spent a little over 24 hours in cars, airplanes and buses to get to my base in remote Korea.  I read The Winds of War on that trip, cover-to-cover.  Not a bad way to spend the time, as I recall.

I'm heading out to run with The Winniferous.  I'll jump back on here later.

BCOT

No comments: