Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thursday

Sounds like the weather on the Right Coast is a bit exciting.  Herky's commute today might have been one for the ages.  (We had a couple of those back in C-town in the Winters of 1978-79 and 1979-80.  Jane Byrne even won an election as mayor when the sitting mayor, Richard J. Daley's successor Michael Bilandic, couldn't get the streets cleared in a major blizzard just before Election Day in February 1979.)

It was a huge win for Augie last night.  Here's the story.  http://www.augustana.edu/x24080.xml  Big crowd.  Great popcorn.  2 and I even stayed to the happy ending.  They were certainly beatable last night, but they found a way to win.  My guess is that a team with some beef inside will be a problem come tournament time.

I have posted this from the office and am now headed home.  If I can't fire up the laptop, this will be all that you get today.  When I shut the laptop down at home last night, I must have double-clicked some protocol that safe-guards access to my Verizon account, and I couldn't get to the Internet.  And I forgot to bring the laptop in today for IT to check out.  This is a variation of a Sometimer's episode.  I'll Twitter if I'm off the grid, so to speak.  3 can add some of her thoughts to her blog for peanut gallery fodder.

In the meantime...

BCOT

No comments: