Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday

A bit of a bummer of a day.  One of those projects that I mentioned yesterday shows no signs of early, successful resolution.  It's complicated.  Lots of money involved.  Lawyers.  Chicago lawyers.  Banks.  Margin notes.  Hedges.  Contracted consultants.  Ugh!

Then a factoid confirmed from a long ago friendship.  High school girlfriend.  Pancreatic/liver cancer.  Double ugh!

3 has done some recording of her visit from her sister. http://www.thehoranies.com/

I ended up getting the Buick out for my morning trip to Muskie.  I hadn't had it out since I took 2 to C-town three weeks ago.  And the only reason I broke it out today was because I wasn't sure if I might need to transport my client to the meeting, and the Taurus is definitely not rider-friendly, if you know what I mean!  4kdays is back in the garage and may not make it out again until we get rid of the snow (or I head up to the TC to check out 1.01!).

The First Day of The Rest of My Life starts with with 0545 spin in the morning.  I took Monday off to enjoy a morning without The Winniferous, and today was just a lazy day.  Realistically, the first outdoor ride is probably less than 60 days away.  Ya' need to step it up, Bucko!

The second travel book came in today's mail.  This one on "Southwest France". 

I'm a little disturbed that the Super Bowl will lack cheerleaders.  Neither the Steelers nor the Packers employ cheer squads.  I'm wondering if the network will bring in freelancers.  Will there be a free pass given to the Cowboy Cheerleaders since the game is being played on their home field?  I mean where will the cameras scan for boobs as they go to or from commercials?  Seriously, this has been a topic in production meetings already.

Then we have the major donor to the U of Connecticut who wants his $3 million back because the AD just lost his football coach and the program may have plateaued.  Hmmmm.  Is this a modern day version of the boy who owns the ball wanting to take it and go home when he doesn't get his way?  The money in major-college football is staggering.  The Have's and the Have-nots are pretty evident in this segment of the economy as well.

2 and I are scheduled to head over to the Augie-Illinois Wesleyan game tomorrow night.  I'll try to make a short entry before we head out.

Thanks for reading.  Have a good Hump Day.

BCOT

No comments: