Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday

Those of you following me on Twitter have the gist of my day.  Travel went pretty much as planned.  No particulars hassles getting to Sky Harbor in Phoenix other than finding a gas station at Oh-Dark-Hundred to fill up the rental.  The connection in Denver was on time and our luggage made it to the QCA. What more can you ask for?

Ten Things that I learned this time in Arizona:

1.  Green fees at the better courses are higher this year. Under a C-note was cheap.
2.  $3 Aquafina at the Snack Shacks.  $5 canned beers from the cart girl.  $10 hot dogs.
3.  Hertz #1 Club is pass-the-counter, walk-to-your-car easy.
4.  That GPS gal is really annoying when you know where you're going.
5.  I'm going to do some research on the geology around The Boulders resort in Carefree.  Very interesting.
6.  On a short, busy trip like this one, the Smart phone makes the laptop only marginally useful.
7.  I need a new travel bag for my golf clubs.
8.  Scottsdale remains in my Top Five cities to visit.  In the Winter, Top One.
9.  Never saw any of the sensational airport security that has recently been in the news.
10.With Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, my birthday, and now Scottsdale all done, 2011 officially starts tomorrow for me.

I  am back in charge of The Winniferous, and we need to do a little walk before bed time.  Hope everyone has a good start to the week.  Keep those positive endorphins flowing!  And...

BCOT

No comments: