Thursday, December 30, 2010

Thursday

Just a few lines today.  After-work cocktails scheduled with clients.

Did I mention that I finally got my flu shop yesterday?  My annual physical doc inquired as we were wrapping up, and I took him up on the offer.  In the past few years, I've gone to where ever the Visiting Nurses were set up, like the church, Hy Vee or even the drive-thru at John Keady Cadillac one year.  This Fall, it seemed like everyone had ample supply and you could even walk-in at Walgreen's and get shot up.  I wonder if the shot will actually work against this year's virus?

2's car's problem was the starter.  The thing did start when I went by to pick it up this morning in the retail center parking lot where we parked it last night, then was very difficult to get going when I stopped in at SB's on the way to the repair shop.  At that point, I shifted my diagnosis from fuel system problems to maybe the starter.  And the mechanic later confirmed the latter.  On a relative basis, it's now double ka-jing!

Lots of snow melted here today.  The forecast calls for a few more hours of warmth before the next front of Arctic air blows in.  Hello 2011!

Can't wait to get home later to watch the next Anonymous Flower Bowl game pitting Directional U versus Other Directional U.

BCOT

3 comments:

Kristen Charles said...

Nebraska v. Washington!!! Go 'Skers!

Anonymous said...

Martha said:

Foods to add to you diet that help control cholesterol are: oatmeal (Daddy had that right) blueberries, almonds

Kristen Charles said...

Hawkeyes, Fighting Irish both finish 8-5, strong bowl performances. 2011 looks bright!