Friday, March 02, 2007

Friday AM

Sorry I missed last night. It got busy here in the afternoon and I had to leave a little early to meet 2 for a glass of wine before the Augie game.

Augie lost to a pretty good team that had their gunner come to life in the last nine minutes. Augie had no answer. They played something less than their best game and in the tournament, you don't have many cupcakes.

There may be such a thing as the 4000 Days blog jinx. My pal Pete's son was a feature in the blog yesterday, and he had a very sub-par game last night.

My evening was capped-off with a little running-out-of-gas adventure on our way home from the game. I had forgotten to check the mileage on the trip odometer in recent days, and, boom, the Taurus just dies on 53rd street by the theaters! In a blizzard!. Fortunately, we were able to get to a third right-hand lane and were real close to 2's car, which I ran over and retrieved. The gas station across the road wanted $10 for a small plastic gas can (no loaners available), so we drove the two miles to my house, got my lawn mower gas can, picked up some petro at the Shell station, and returned to the scene of the crime. A cop was there checking out the car, but that just kept the traffic away, and I did a quick gas-and-go, and that was the end of it.

The poorest decision I made yesterday was to wear my Oxford casual shoes rather than my Winter boots. Then again, 2 had on her ballet slippers.

Lots of closures today. A good one to stay inside.

So I'll add more later today.

Be careful out there.

No comments: