Sunday, March 11, 2007

Sunday

Selection Sunday.

Did ribs at the Circle Tap last night. Still great after all these years. But they did raise their price from $15 to $18 since my last meal there. The family that owned the place at one time is the family of the Iowa State women's coach. The Cyclone women were on the tube last night in the Big 12 championship game. They did a nice job, but in the end, they had no answer for the big girl for Oklahoma.

For the more decadent locals, The Circle will be open at 9 AM on St. Patty's Day.

3 made it to her cruise ship in Miami. She may have to do some juggling to get on the web to enter the clan's NCAA contest. She got her run in before they went to the ship.

1, I had a nice visit with Sarah at coffee this AM. She is always so nice. Hope she gets the appointment that she wants.

Also spoke with Mrs. M. who came in for a while. One of her boys who went to the Naval Academy is at Harvard.

The time change went ok. In near record response to the change, I updated all of my clocks this morning. Even in the Taurus. This is in contrast to a year not all that long ago when I never change the clock in my bedroom.

I gave the bad news to the contractor that he was going to have to move the light in the bathroom as discussed here earlier. He feigned ignorance. Maybe he didn't feign it. I did get a little humor out of the fact that when I called him to let him know that I hadn't got his check in the mail the prior day, and that he could come by the office to pick it up, he gave the old, "Ho-hum, whatever, yeah, I might be out and could stop by", response. So I left the check downstairs at our front desk. Later in the morning, I just happened to be on my bank account website, and the check had already been cashed. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

May have 2 and 4 come over for a little BBQ this evening. Not quite warm out, but certainly better than anything lately.

One of the interesting things about these conference tournaments is that the teams can get gassed in these championship games. NC State had no legs in the last five minutes against Carolina. I remember the high school state tournament when we played three games in three days. I was deaded meat. Try to do four in four.

The paper today had an article about Suzy Orman. This is the irritating talking head who has made millions by authoring some fairly basic financial planning books. I mute the TV whenever she is on as I find her personality so grating. She was in the news recently when she came out of the closet with her sexual preferences. I guess she was looking to publicize her latest book. Turns out that, basically, she doesn't believe in the markets. Even thoughe she spends a lot of time talking about the science of investing, less than 10% of her assets are placed in equities. She prefers AAA rated munis. Not that there's anything wrong with that. AAA bonds, that is.

So hope everyone has a great day.

Be careful out there.

No comments: