Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday

So I took a break yesterday. It was a nice day and I just elected to not come in to make an entry.

It is almost hot here today. It has to be in the high 70's. I guess that it is supposed to cool down later in the week.

I've also chosen not to go to the third coaches' session with my pal Roy this week. Just too much to do. I'm glad that he has taken the ball and is making it to the required classes.

Margret was out for a spin yesterday. Lookin' pretty fine.

My picks in the NCAA tournament continue to wallow in the also-ran category. I watched some of the games on Sunday, but had much more interest in the NASCAR race at Bristol. The 24 managed a third place finish in a car that was doing nothing but going backward in the first 150 laps. Toyota is getting cooked in NASCAR. They're not very competitive at this point.

3 was through town today on her way back from C-town. We dined at Golick's for lunch on the church steps. The owner said that he has been open for almost two weeks.

My new doors were supposed to be installed in my bathroom/hallway today. But the contractor called a wave-off because the door-building place in town had made the frames the wrong size. Let's see. You give the place the measurements. They ignore those instructions and make them the same size that they make most of their doors. Why even give them the specs? The new installation date is Wednesday.

Anybody notice the empty seats in many of the regional games? I have a women's regional final on right now between Rutgers and Arizona State at the Greensboro coliseum and the place is empty. I thought I saw quite a few open areas in the men's games as well, although nothing like the entire empty sections that exist in women's games.

I still haven't figured out the economics on the reasons why they built the new Wells Fargo arena in Des Moines and didn't tear down Vet's Auditorium next door. The new arena is a nice place, but I don't think they fill it very often. For the hockey game that we went to on Friday night, the box score said attendance was 5,000+, but that had to include season ticket holders. The upper bowl wasn't even open. In fact, they had some sort of mesh curtains up there that partially closed line-of-sight to those empty areas. I guess some concerts have been sell-outs, but the configuration of the area in those situations is usually for seating capacities at less than the maximum for basketball or hockey.

That's about it for today. Enjoy the warm weather.

Be careful out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how I feel about you picking racing over basketball dad. I'm just not sure how I feel about that.

Our entire office (well, 3 of us) have nasty colds. I am not happy about it at all. I've been trying 1's theory of drowning the cold, and thus far it has only made me have to go to the bathroom a lot more.

Anonymous said...

just think of all the germs you are flushing down the toilet. if nothing else, you can call it a detoxifying routine....