Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tuesday

Another day at the office.

I chose not to read Major Ryan's analysis of possible winners in the clan's pool. That level of interest smacks of a fantasy league scorecard.

I will be staying away from 2. The last time I was with her when she had a cold, I was out of commission for six weeks. I hope her recovery is speedy.

My office is a pit. It will probably stay that way for another few days.

In my mail at home last week was a packet from the Diocese of Davenport with materials to complete if I needed to file a claim for past sexual abuse from priests. And there was an article in the paper over the weekend about the Diocese of Dubuque settling more claims in their region. Fortunately, I can take solace from the local attorney who has represented many of the claimants against Davenport by his assurances that "it's not about the money".

More trouble for women's college basketball. Tennessee is up by 20 in the first half of their regional final. Not only is women's basketball hard to get excited about, but there appears to be a big disparity between the few big "have" programs and everybody else (the "have-nots").

Interesting commentary in the political columns about the steps taken by the House last week to attach a withdrawal time line to an Iraq appropriations bill, and to subpoena certain White House political advisers with regard to the storm over the firing of the US attorneys. The politicians with Presidential aspirations are all trying to decipher the tea-leaves of public opinion, which has been mixed at best over these matters. If the Dem's want to make a change in government, they need to be careful of how blindly they follow the left-wing lead of Nancy Pelosi. I wonder with the bad press that the House bill received if it will even make the floor of the Senate.

I need to get out of here. Have a good evening.

Be careful out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I spent Tuesday from noon till 8 at parent teacher conferences. It was the first time the school had tried the one day thing; in the past it has been two evenings from 4-8. I expected low numbers from 12-4 and then for it to get really busy. I was wrong. Dead wrong. I had a line at my table from noon until 5:45 when there was a break and I ran off for my dinner. When I got back 30 minutes later there were people waiting. I literally had parents for at least 7 hours. It was exhausting. Then we had to be back this morning! It would have been nice to have a day off after conferences. I think, though, that I may prefere the one and done to the two day extravaganza. It went fairly fast, and then only one day of your week is ruined instead of two. Not that it was ruined, but it's just tiring. Before you ask, no, not all of my students are failing and that was why I had such a large turn-out. I think I'm just popular;) A lot of basketball parents came and wanted to chat. This time, I was not threatened with educational lawyers. I still have her son, but she just stayed away this time. Thank goodness! Two more days until Spring Break. I can't wait!!!