Sunday, March 18, 2007

Sunday II

Just a few lines this evening.

I got outside on my bike for the first time of the year this afternoon. Just a simple out and back on the bike path for about 40 minutes. It felt good to stretch the legs. A pretty steady South wind made the ride down to the path a little extra work.

2 stopped by the house for a water in the middle of her 7-8 mile run. She said that her trip north with 4 was a success. By leaving early this AM, she was able to get back with lots of daylight left.

I'm probably going to take a pass on this week's coaching classes. With Terri out for the week, it makes no sense to blow out of here at 3:30 two straight days just to accompany my pal Roy to listen to some well-meaning coach ramble for 3-4 hours. Plus the travel time. I just have too much to do.

My St. Patrick's Day was a bust. Other than listen to some loud, already-over-served losers sitting at the bar at Old Chicago where I went for a lunch sandwich, I was a non-participant in any festivities. Maybe next year.

I watched a TV taped-delayed replay of the final stage of the Paris-Nice bike race this afternoon. The commentators are the same ones who do the same thing for the TdF. Their vocabularies are limited. If you took certain adjectives out of their list of available ones, they would be mutes. I think they just sit in a room watching the same TV feed that we see, and go to great lengths to describe the race as it unfolds before us. I think this may be the modern day equivalent to the old radio broadcasts created from ticker tape reports. Remember the simulated-live horse race call done in The Sting? Same thing.

Ok. Have a nice evening. See you here tomorrow.

Be careful out there.