Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Wednesday

I think I might prefer tax return piles on my floor to seven hours of parent-teacher conferences.

Word came from a couple of sources that my tone the last couple of days was a little down. Sorry that my mood at the office ran over to the blog. One reader sent me a very good little essay on a guy trying to get some of his commentary on SB's cups. And Craig Wilson's column today was good for a couple of yuks. He was talking about guys wearing bling.

My favorite story about rings is the one told by the now-deceased Al Maguire, the old Marquette coach and CBS basketball analyst. There was a pretty heated rivalry in those days between ND and Marquette. When he moved on to the TV booth, he liked poke the ND crowd by asking, "Do you know how to tell who's the Notre Dame guy at the party? He's the guy picking his nose so that he can show you his ring!"

I'll be curious to get home and see how the contractor did today with my doors. I fear for the dust.

Well, I missed the mark on my comments about what would get to the floor of the Senate. What a political mess.

I need to get out of here. A little vino is in order.

Be careful out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hilarious that you used the word 'bling'.

Anonymous said...

i saw the article, i think wilson might actually have used the word bling in the title - or at throughout the article. and the guy he was referring to is a coach at the U kate!