Friday, March 02, 2007

Friday PM

Just a couple of quick items before heading out for the evening.

My buddy Jake's Pants is in town tonight so we'll be out there for a couple of adult beverages. We are no longer that dangerous to the general public. Needing to be in bed by 9PM limits our exposure to risks.

The bathroom project is not quite done. Glad I didn't try to do it myself.

My pal Bill and I had lunch down in the Village of ED today. Hard to beat their tenderloin and home fries. Actually, I've been there a time or two when the two of us have split a single sandwich and still had plenty to eat. We rarely finish a shared order of fries.

I received a written thank you note from a new client today, just to thank us for taking care of his financial stuff. What made it doubly sweet was that we had sent yesterday to him a very nicely arranged folder with his retention copies of the several forms he had signed to set up his brokerage accounts, along with a brief letter of thanks from our end. As I have said here previously, written notes are valued pieces.

So I'm off into the elements. We don't have the awful weather that seems to exist North and West of us. But it is Winter. In March. Then again, the girls' tournament starts in DM next week. One shouldn't get too anxious for Spring until after those high school tournaments.

Be careful out there. Especially you,1.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my very first teacher SNOW DAY was fantastic! I will send pics of what our street looks like after the dumping of snow we got. (i know it will not compare to tahoe, but it was still significant.) i got a workout in, walked the dog, and laid on the couch. i really needed the day to get over my cold. i feel much better today. matt's game for last night was cancelled and rescheduled for sat. (tonight)we had dinner with the y's and their kids and were in bed and asleep by 10. our kind of night! i actually have some school work to do today, but i feel a lot less stressed about it since i had that one extra day. L8R