Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Tuesday

I am totally behind the eight ball.

Last night was the first class for my pal Roy and I for the coaching certification. Since he was unable to attend the local classes in Bettendorf last month, we have to do the 40 minute drive to Clinton for 10-12 days over the next month. Nothing like a little FFF with Roy.

The class was a bit of a joke. It was taught by a former JC coach who admitted that the state did not have a specified curriculum/outline/syllabus for the class: the instructor was just supposed to present "good coaching" information. For five hours on three different nights. We lasted about three hours and he said it was time for a game to start at the high school, so the class was dismissed.

All of the other attendees at the class had a reason for being there. My reason was that I was Roy's driver.

My bathroom is basically done. Except that the doors aren't ready. And the light fixture is too low and will have to be rehung. It's a decorative metal fixture with four bulb receptacles in frosted shades. But since the previous light had the bulbs fit in horizontally, the contractor made the fatal assumption that he could just move the wiring box to center over the new vanity without considering the fact that the bulbs on the new light were designed to hang down.

When it was time to hang the new fixture and the new mirror, the contractor's solution to the bulbs being too low, was to turn the fixture upside down with the bulbs pointing up. A contractor's equivalent to that recent TV commercial where the woman was at the counter of a fast food restaurant and changed her mind from a Number 6 to a Number 9 and the server simply turns the serving box 180 degrees.

My Russian cleaning lady came in today and I'm sure the home front will be much more to my liking this evening. The dust and grime of the last week have been hard on me. And Jake's Pants stayed until this morning which created other stresses. I like my solitary life style.

2 and 4 have announced plans for Europe this Summer before the wedding. 4 is doing a six week program for school and 2 will join her for a couple of weeks of travel after the classes are done. Must be nice.

3 was in Omaha talking to the real Oracle yesterday. She has a picture. Uncle Phil says that she should send WB a copy for his autograph.

Big lottery drawing tonight. I normally do not play, but I think a couple of us from the office may do a $5 shot in the dark. I've probably said it before, but if I were to win, I would not be one of those guys who says that he's going back to work just like normal and not let the money change his ways.

My securities software DST patch has been applied. I wonder if this is a scam like The Year 2000?

All for today. Have a good evening.

Be careful out there.

No comments: