Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wednesday

Just a few lines today.
.
The excitement in the office today is the kick-off of our new phone system. The desk units are in place and operational. Now the users have to figure out how it all works. At this point, the old precaution, "Be careful what you wish for; you may get it", is probably applicable. I even missed the training session yesterday, so I'm really out of the loop.
.
After the markets closed, I flipped the TV to ESPN to catch whatever bowl game happened to be on. I was lucky enough (?) to see the start of the Roady's Humanitarian Bowl from Boise, Idaho. We could research a little about Roady's, but I have no interest. (Isn't a "roady" also known as a drink for the road?) The main claim to fame of the game is the blue carpet on the field. The first time I watch a TV game from that stadium, I spent 10 minutes trying to get the color on my set to adjust to the right colors. Who knew that the field was blue?
.
And lastly, I was in a discussion yesterday with a friend about just who qualified as a good comedian in the movies these days. We struggled to name one. I can't stand Will Ferrell or Adam Sandler, and what can you say about Charlie "the mugger" Sheen, even before his latest escapade? (Is he nuts or what?) Slim pickens in my opinion.
.
I'm off to Muscatine tonight to have a pre-New Year's Eve cocktail with friends.
.
BCOT

No comments: