Monday, December 28, 2009

Monday

This has always been a funny week. You have a little bit of the Christmas hangover, and the knowledge that you have a short week before the New Year's holiday. And we always have some client business that needs to be closed before the 31st. Makes for some interesting times.
.
My Perfect Neighbor had snow-blowed my sidewalk and driveway by the time I pulled in from the TC last night. It looked like we had 4-5 inches here, compared to the 10-12 that they had up North. It is Winter.
.
The traffic on I-80 last night in the stretch from Iowa City to Davenport was your typical holiday crush. The rudest drivers were the ones who pounded down the right lane when the left lane was stacked up waiting for a semi to make a pass or otherwise get over to the right lane, and then the jerk darts over into the left lane when he/she catches up to the slower vehicle in the right lane. I can see where Homer or Jethro might get a serious case of road rage if they were cut in on once too often.
.
The Remington (Mountainman for the uninformed) is at home on the table behind my couch. Perfect. This ranks in the top five of All-Time-Best-Christmas-Presents, and will enjoy a similar ranking come my birthday, and Father's Day. (It certainly wins the Most Expensive category.) It might have a two-year run. (This may depend on whether 3 finds a good job in NYC in 2010.) For the record, the rider's name is "Johnson", and the horse's name is "Pilgrim". It was a bit ironic that the movie Jeremiah Johnson was on the AMC channel last night. The moon and stars continue in good alignment for LtPC.
.
Almost forgot. Special recognition to 1 and 1.1 for their great work in hosting their first FFF at Christmas time. While we think that we are an easy crew to please, it's always a little more work than the guests may think, so "Here, Here!" to the folks on Woodduck. (And 1.1 did score some pretty fair tickets to the Wolve's game. Duh!)
.
Still working on the blog math for the baby. I'm leaning toward 1.01.
.
Does anyone care about the bowl games to date? I mean, what's not to like about the Meineke Car Care Bowl, or the Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl? And we're not even half way home.
.
I've got to admit that my experience in the fruit section at the grocery store lately has been a bit hit-and-miss. Had great oranges last week, high grade Granny Smith apples right before the trip North, and passable Texas grapefruit before that. The latest batch of oranges was something less than perfect. Dry almost. But I'm optimistic that the next batch will raise the bar.
.
I've got to hit the hay. Another training session at seven bells. Think I'll do some treadmill before meeting the trainer. I hate to admit it, but I almost like the three miles I do these days. And I hate running.

BCOT




No comments: