Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tuesday

The weather forecast remains iffy from now through Friday, so the local contingent is starting out tomorrow for the TC rather than waiting until Thursday. That at least gives us two days to get there if the roads turn ugly.

The morning workout with the trainer was a success. I have lots of upside. Another session early tomorrow after spin.

I'm thinking of giving a few sessions with my trainer to my pal Roy as my Christmas present to him. I'll have to pass the idea by our pal Cal (the surgeon) to make sure that it would fit into a fitness program suitable for Roy.
.
A gift for Roy is appropriate since he dropped off a package for me today...a cashmere scarf from Burberry. I'll be wearing it regularly. It goes well with my European gentleman's bag.
.
The NASCAR fans in the peanut gallery are cheering the naming of Jimmy Johnson as the Associated Press's Male Athlete of the Year. If the AP says, it's true, who can argue?
.
And 4 can give props to Husker Nation for the appropriate distinction given to Ndamukong Suh as the AP's College Football Player of the Year. He may have won the award in the UT game where he made the Longhorn's offensive line look like shredded cheese.
.
The wine for the now extended weekend will be the Murphy Goode Cabernet. The label says that it is a wine that packs a punch, exhibiting flavors of blackberry, cherry, bay and thyme with an oak profile of vanilla and toasted nuts. What's not to like?
.
All for tonight. A little business meeting to attend, and then I need to pack. My equilibrium is a bit off with the earlier departure time.
.
More tomorrow from the road. Safe travels to all.
.
BCOT

1 comment:

Hardy Wallace said...

We hope our Cabernet treated you well! Happy holidays!