Thursday, December 31, 2009

Thursday

Not sure I understand the math on these bowl games with no-name teams playing in front of 30K fans. Are the broadcast rights that good? What's the over-under for the Clones?

Had the substitute RCL yesterday. I know that she doesn't do quite as good of a job, but just getting the primary dusting and vacuuming done keeps the place from being an embarrassment.

Had a client come up with what I thought was an off-the-wall factoid this week as we began the application process for some new insurance. We had applied last year for a different policy and his health examination came back with extremely high cholesterol and we elected to not take the rated policy that was offered by the carrier. He had been on and off statin medication in the past.

Anyway, he found out recently that his daily consumption of grapefruit juice had negated the medical impact of the drug. He happened to be in my office Tuesday telling this story, at a time when my pal Pete was also there, and Pete said, "Oh yeah. My prescription has an avoid-grapefruit-products precaution on the label". And he showed us the bottle with that label.

I always thought that the source of my good health was my diet, heavy with veggies such as tomatoes, and various fruits, specifically grapefruit items. Who would have thunk that such things could work against a person?

Hope everyone enjoys a fun and safe New Year's Eve. A real good night to...

BCOT

No comments: