Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Wednesday

I have less wisdom today than I did yesterday.

I ran the route last night that I used for my training in 2004 and my time was comparable to those efforts two years ago. (I have my 2004 and 2005 calendars hanging in my workout area in my basement and I compare times and activities on this type of stuff.) Slow is slow. But I was a little comforted in knowing that I was not that far off conditioning-wise from my status in 2004. The TT in my age-time is a possibility.

In bike-speak, ITT refers to an individual time trial, while a TTT refers to a team time trial. The TT of turkey trot fame has little mass-recognition distinction. As though ITT and TTT do.

But I digress.

The ND- Michigan State game last weekend was the 40th anniversary of the famous (infamous?) 10-10 tie between the teams back in 1966. I was a senior in high school and I remember that I was at a speech contest in Keokuk that Saturday. I had dreams of attending ND at the time, but I certainly wasn't an accepted student that early. I think I listened to part of the game on the radio.

Speech contests were pretty big deals back then. I remember travelling to contests at several other schools, and there was the Speech Club, and I think my box of high school memorabilia has a few certificates or awards for my efforts. I was a wild child. In my white letterman's sweater.

Saw Sarah's dad at coffee this AM. He extends his "best of luck" to 1 for Sunday.

My Russian cleaning lady is back! And my home is once again clean. I did very little in her month-long absence and it literally showed. All's right with the world again.

So pretty quiet out there among the troops.

Be careful out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Internet hasn't been working the past three days. Also, I've spent more time studying this week than I probably spent all of high school. My roommate was watching "Somethings Gotta Give", (that terrible Jack Nicholson movie we saw a few years back) because she has a thing for Keanu Reeves (I don't know why). Anyway, I walked in during a scene in which Diane Keaton was talking about how she operated on only 4 hours a sleep a night. That's me the past three nights. I go to Starbucks every day and I'm back on soda (though only a can a day, if that). It really hasn't been too bad, just a little slow until the coffee kicks in. It seems like I'm just going through the motions a little bit, than actually being aware of things around me. I wonder how bad this really is for me? In the past it seems like little sleep has made me more productive than more.

Big Sis week is going pretty well. Mom sent my pillowcase (it's a hit!) but it turns out we didn't have to do both if we didn't have room in the budget. I think she and I did a great job of finding good presents within the budget. I like everything we've given so far. Dad's letter came in the mail today, too, so I was considered quite popular. And the Christmas cards with 'Christmas' replaced with 'Iowa City' and "New Year' with 'weekend.' Also, the comment 'sweet' referencing the identical birds on the envelope and card made my day.

Okay, I need to hit the books. TTYL :)

Anonymous said...

I can relate to the sleep thing. I have to have a glass of water in the morning otherwise I feel terrible all day long. I also do coffee (or soda in the summer) in the morning. Although, I'm not sure how much it matters if I am awake or not when I get to work. This morning I was 15 minutes late (thanks to my little chit chat with Roy at Starbucks - he had gossip about the museum even I didn't know!) and was the 3rd person here. Thats not very impressive. I also find that if I do a few stretches in the morning it helps get the blood flowing.

Very excited about tonight. Kelly and I are going to Granite City after work for a drink and appitizers(yummy yummy bruschetta!!) and then it is the Office and Grays! And then laundry (not nearly as exciting). Tomorrow we start the grand adventure to MN (half day of work!!).
And that is all I have to say right now. I have to, go kill time until 5 pm.