Monday, September 04, 2006

Monday

Well, it is a holiday. So don't expect too much out of me today.

Did coffee this AM with a pretty enthusiastic group. Then we decided to go across the street for breakfast at Maid-rite. Over the discussion there, my pal Roy got to talking about his bunion which is really gross. A gal sitting at the counter overhears us and jumps into the conversation telling us about some podiatrist that was a magician of some sort. She went on and on, not knowing that one of our group members was one of the most experienced surgeons in the QC area. It was a little odd. When she finally figured out that we were not rubes from the farm, she kept going anyway.

Have been at the office a good part of the day. This week will be a bear. Several very key things to get done. Although next week is the real due date, I have clients with travel conflicts that require things to be done this week. And I've got a couple of other very anxious clients who want their stuff done ASAP. Fun, fun, fun.

Nice BBQ at my place last night with 2, 3, and 4. Steak and shrimp. Good stuff. The IC girls head back in a little while.

Still running the Shel Silverstein route this week. If I stay injury-free, I'll add a couple of tenths next week.

4 and I did lunch at the new Red Robin restaurant today. Nothing to write home about. Twenty bucks for a very ordinary burger, a salad and one soda. Loud and close. We won't be headed back anytime soon.

I'm learning more about the equipment on my new car. It has some sort of sensor system and sounds an alarm if you are getting close to something when you back up. And I think that the windshield wipers or the windshield has a sensor that starts the wipers automatically when it starts to rain. It also has XM satellite radio, but I don't think I'll sign up for that service. I'm not in my car that much. It's a nice ride.

ABC is keeping up with CBS in tape delaying the PGA tournament. Remember that last week CBS elected to stick with a pre-determined schedule rather than adapt to an earlier start time that the tour went to for the Sunday round because of rain in the afternoon forecast. When they began the broadcast, the players were actually on the back nine, two hours ahead of what the TV was showing. I was ticked. ABC did the same thing yesterday. And the local ABC affiliate isn't even in the game today; they elected to go with the MDA telethon. Thank goodness for ESPN News and the internet.

OK. Got to go. Have a good evening.

One other thing. I'm starting a petition to get 4 to start a new blog. About anything. She needs to write. And we need to be entertained.

Be careful out there.

No comments: