Monday, September 25, 2006

Monday

Not too many 3-day-misses on the old blog. Sorry.

Good but not great weekend. Enjoyed seeing 4, and got a peek at 3 today on her way back to IC from her weekend in C-town. Mildly nostalgic feeling watching the marathon on Sunday morning with 4. Saw several friends and acquaintances. It was a perfect morning for it.

Margret is out today. I gave her a wash yesterday so she's pretty spiffed-out today. A great day for being outside.

Big win for ND on Saturday night. I had turned the TV away from the game and over to the dish because it was so bad in the first half. When I turned it back to the game in the 4th quarter to check the score, and they were so close, I was too superstitious to connect the antenna so I watched the last 5 minutes in the snow. Michigan State played awful in the last part of the game. They deserved to lose much more than ND deserved to win.

I'm thinking about getting one of those home air-purifier systems. I'm beginning to wonder if my house has an allergen in residence.

My blog on Thursday night required a special trip back to the office to publish. When I was done writing it at around 6PM local, I kept getting an "illegal command" message. I finally figured out that Blogspot was down for maintenance at 4 PM Pacific time, which is 6PM Central. So I just left the blog on my computer and came back around 7 and it published right away.

I've been doing some promotional business things lately and had a vendor send me today an unsolicited example of what his company could do for Criterium, including a look-a-like website that he had had one of his hacks do by just pulling our stuff off our regular site. It looked good. Totally unauthorized, but it looked good. No wonder that the phishers out there can make a site look real. Never give your ID or credit card information to one of those curious inquiries.

The nation bows it's collective head tonight in homage to New Orleans. Thanks, but no. I'm going to watch Seinfeld reruns.

I have a couple of the ugliest plants ever grown on my front steps. My first plants there in the early summer were some pink geraniums that I never liked and which died gradual deaths by mid-July. At that point, I was trolling the plant aisles at Lowe's and came across these huge-leaved, green-red-white varigated things that I had not seen previously. And they were on sale. So they became the front steps decor for the rest of the summer. They always looked a little droopy, grew long, spikey seed disbursement antennae, and generally looked like weeds. They go in the trash come Thursday. Next year, its back to red geraniums in new soil for those pots.

Did about 4 miles on Saturday and 2.4 on Sunday. Off today. 60 days to the Turkey Trot. I told 4 that I wanted to run my age. Which is less than an hour. In a manner of speaking.

So that's about it for now. Hope everyone is off to a good week. Good luck to all.

Be careful out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My TT goal is one hour as well. It should be less - but I don't really want to train all that much for it. An hour is good for me. I had my first disappointment at Golds last night - I went at 5:35 and ALL the machines upstairs we taken, and there were 2 people in Ladies Golds too. This has never happened to me before and I was forced to change my intended work out and then I was just diappointed and left 20 minutes earlier than I planned. Guess it's back to getting there later.