Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sunday

Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend. Beautiful here yesterday. Sunny. Mid-70's for temps. Low humidity. Today is cloudy and spitting a few rain drops.

The IC girls got in late last evening after the Hawks were able to subdue the fierce Grizz of Montana. ND had a tougher time of it in Hotlanta. And the Clones squeaked by in triple OT. So I guess all the right teams won this weekend. I wonder how many more times will that happen this year?

2 and I did our normal Sunday Church and breakfast this AM. The priest had a difficult time getting to his point in his homily. 2 and I tuned out. And the music was a mixed bag. All-in-all, maybe we should have gone directly to breakfast.

A little FFF at my place later this evening. I need to get a little run in beforehand.

The Taurus is not gone yet. I need the title from 1 before I can do anything.

I'm a little disappointed that my new set of wheels does not come with a fold-down backseat. In most cars these days, they will have a release mechanism that allows the rear seat to fold forward to create more trunk space. For me, that translates to more bike space. With a fold-down arrangement, I can always get my bike in the trunk with the front wheel pulled off. If I don't want to have a partially opened trunk, I'll have to take both wheels off my bike for it to fully fit in this car. But I knew this upfront so I made the purchase knowing I had to deal with this limitation. But since I am not riding these days, I won't have to worry about this issue for a few months.

Speaking of doo-dads, almost everything that we buy today is so much more advanced than what we had years ago. Old cars, stereos, phones, you name it. Some of the steps getting to today's technology that are always on display, like what we see in older movies, are just plain comical. Wireless phones. Movies from the early ninties had the actors holding brick-sized things that you needed a bag to carry. Why weren't the nerds smart enough to go to the mini-size right away?

So I'll be back to give more words of wisdom tomorrow. Have a great day.

But be careful out there.

No comments: