Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tuesday

Does this seem like Monday or what?

I've spent the entire day trying to unravel the finances of Jake's Pants investment in Colorado real estate. It was so convoluted that even the owners couldn't make a simple explanation. It was as close to forensic accounting as I would ever want to get. A very inefficient use of my time. They will be paying a premium fee.

My lawn mower died last weekend. K&K will need to perform recessitation (is that a word?). It had been doing a death march the last few weeks and just gave up in my back yard on Saturday night. I had to borrow the neighbor's mower to finish my yard.

Looking for a report from 1 on the first day of school with students.

Any decision on an Iowa game?

I do have T-shirts from the coffee event. But they are all size "Large". Sorry. Beggars can't be choosers.

4 gave me the business about getting the blook back on track. She's right. My excuses are pretty meager. If I had a computer at my house, there would be no excuses at all. It may be a week or two, but Frank and Melanie will be back.

This weekend, I gave 3 the talk about reconciling her bank account and 4 and I talked about getting a headstart on summer 2007 internships. No wonder they wanted to go back to IC early. Wait till I start conducting an on-line version of Bank Rec 101 for my readers here at 4000 Days.

I'm off for a run. Hope all is well.

Be careful out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're running dry on material for Frank, maybe you could have a guest spot with Manny.

Anonymous said...

the first day of school was pretty uneventful. i was kind of nervous, but the hour goes by fast and then you do another hour and then the day is over (and it isn't even 1:00 yet!) the kids i have at this school seem a step quicker than the students i had last spring, and that makes me concerned about the amount of material i had prepared for every day. there may be open gym for basketball on wed. nights, but then i'm left in the position of being done with school at 2:30-earlier, really-being 25 miles from my house, and open gym starting at 6. i can always fill the time, but i hate those days of being gone for 15 hours. i know, i know, people do it all the time. but did i mention i wouldn't be getting paid for this inconvenience? annoying.
on a lighter note, matt may be interested in doing the turkey trot with the horans. he even has notions of trying to beat sarah and i. ha ha.
for the iowa game i think the last weekend in october works best, but i'll email the coach right now to confirm. the only other possibility is the nov. 11 game. L8R