Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Tuesday AM

Sorry about that void on Monday. I ended up picking 2 up at the airport around 4:30 and never got back to the office or in front of another computer.

The weather turned here yesterday. The high today is forecasted to be in the 50's. I don't mind the cooler temps. Sure makes running easier, or at least less sweaty. The rest of the week looks like highs in the 60's. It is September. Frightenly close to October. Shorter days.

The political mud-slinging is revving up. I was impressed with a piece that I received in the mail yesterday from the Democratic candidate for Iowa's governor race that included a pre-printed request form (with my name and address already entered) for an absentee ballot to allow me to vote before election day. Technology at work. Glad I got rid of my land line telephone service.

Sounds like 3 and 4 will be on the road this weekend. 3 back to see friends in Chicago, I think, or maybe Madison, and 4 back to Bettendorf.

Big group at coffee this AM. I think that we have become a bit of a focal point for people coming through the shop at that hour and stopping to chat with our various members is now a bit of the thing to do. There are numerous business acquaintances who now will join in a conversation and it just seems to grow. I suppose the same dynamics go on at lots of coffee places, but it is interesting to watch this thing grow. If my buddy Roy was not in the group, there would be a lot fewer guests. He attracts a crowd.

So I'm going to try to be productive today and get my desk cleaner. Good luck on your day.

Be careful out there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha