Saturday, December 11, 2010

Saturday

Here's a pic of 2 and I at the Figge dinner on Thursday night.  She was the Hostess with The Most-est.  Fun night.  Lousy wine, but that was out of our control.

I have made a tentative diagnosis that the recurrent "bug" in my desktop (and maybe my laptop, now that I think of it) may be the memory chip from my good camera.  When I downloaded the pics from Thursday night to my desktop yesterday, the computer started the same sputtering that I have encountered several times in the last few months.  It makes sense.  But I wonder how the bug got on the chip?

More here later.

LATER....

I haven't been that productive today, but I can live with my lethargy.  I did get out and shovelled off my driveway in anticipation of colder temperatures tonight and the next few days.  I was really lazy last weekend when the snow came in, and by driving on the snow, it just packed down.  With the rising temps the last few days, I was able to get the last of it off today with minimum hassle.

One extreme bonus this afternoon was that I was able to get the snow blower fired-up with nominal effort.  No electronic starter, and with my right rotator cuff problem, I had some concerns.  But after not all that many pulls with my left hand, the engine caught, and I'm golden for the next storm!  Suite!


So here is 1.1 as Granddaughter of the Day.  She doesn't look that happy about it.  Hmmmm.  Wonder how long it will be before she'll want to do that hill at Duck Creek Park?  They have like a foot of snow up in the TC over the last 24 hours.  Hope 1 and 1.1 have plenty of provisions in house.  At least I can always walk to Hy Vee Foo for Chinese!

I'm headed down to Muskie tonight for the Christmas party.  Hope the weather cooperates.  My pal Roy may have a guest for the night.


BCOT

1 comment:

1 said...

um, try TWO feet. combine that with the 30+mph winds and you get some monster snow drifts. the guy across the drive hasn't left his house today, and his car in the driveway is literally buried under snow. it's like nothing i've ever seen before. mpls called off their plows because it's too dangerous, and the airport is closed. even the gym closed every location in the state. i think it's the largest snow storm in state history.
the neighbors probably wanted to call the cops on me for taking 1.01 out in it, but we had to try grandma's sled!! she really liked it until the wind blew snow into her face (which took all of 10 seconds). hopefully later in the week when the temps are above -30, because that's what we're forecasted to have, I'll take her out again. i just keep telling myself that it's good it's not christmas!!!!