Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Wdenesday II

My plans for an addition to my earlier posting evaporated in the local ennui.  The there was the call from a slightly rattled 2 about car problems with the Focus.  Another occasion for use of the Taurus as a "back-up".  My suspicion is that we have a fuel system problem, but my skill-set doesn't extend to auto repair.  We'll have to get the car to the shop tomorrow for some professional help.  Ka-jing.

The annual physical was a non-event.  I do need to cut back on the chips, white breads, donuts and other assorted good-tasting things to lower the cholesterol count.  I think that there's a New Year's Resolution in my future. 

The afternoon spin class was something less than the day's highlight.  The instructor is an enthusiastic, capable gal, but she's a "yeller", and that serves as little inspiration to me.  Attendence was less-than-capacity, and I suspect that her style drives some of the less-committed spinners to other classes.

Tomorrow is the last trading day of the year.  Friday (New Year's Eve day) is a National holiday for the securities business (although the banks are open).  Look for low volume on the exchanges tomorrow: 3 can confirm with first hand knowledge from NYC, but most of the traders have already closed out for the year.  I'll be working Friday in order to clear some of the "piles" in my office so that Monday will have the feel of a true fresh start.

Doesn't look like the Hawkeye men b-ballers have the gas to stay with Illinois tonight.  But take heart 4, I think that the new guy can coach, and he's got a couple of recruits who can actually play in the Big Ten.  He needs even more talent to match up every night, but they'll be winning 20+ games soon, maybe even next year.  (Playing several teams like the Little Sisters of The Poor in the pre-season will help with the win-count too!)

Thanks for reading.

BCOT

No comments: