Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Wednesday

Just a few lines during the last session of the conference.  Waterboarding has nothing over forcing a person to sit through eight hours of droning from a video feed talking about Obamacare enforcement.  Where's Kevorkian when you need him?

I was a no-show for early spin today.  It's one thing to get up and get to the gym at oh-dark-hundred, but the cold, the multiple layers of clothes, the cold and the general inconvenience won out today.  I've decided to do penance by sneaking out from here a little early, and getting a run in with The Winniferous before heading over to the game.

This one's for you, RevKev.  Channelling my inner Seinfeld...

One of my intuitive dilemmas these days is the numerous, and conflicting usages of the noun "it" at spin class.  All of the instructors contribute to this problem.  Here's a sample of their liberal use of the term:

1. "Bring it up."
2. "Slow it down."
3. "Hit it now!"
4. "Jog it out."
5. "It's up to you."

Understand that doing spin in a dark room when you really shouldn't even be out of bed, leads the mind to wander a bit aimlessly in the Wasteland.  And the gratuitous use of "it" is beginning to bother me.  I mean, when she says to "Bring it up", I'm saying that "it" is my butt, off the saddle.  But when I hear, "Jog it out", I'm confused; what is "it"? And why am I jogging it out?  I need to talk to Hillary's husband.

The Iowa win last night against UNI in Iowa City was punctuated by swaths of empty seats around the court.  It will be a long climb back for the Hawks.  They really don't have many Big Ten quality players.  I think that this guy can coach, but they need talent.

And for a final note, the football Hawk's leading receiver has a small legal problem that made the national wires this AM.  Not exactly the kind of recognition the team was looking for.  But maybe fitting for their year!

Had enough education.  Off to commune with The W.

BCOT

3 comments:

camperkev said...

that definintely was inner seinfeld. Thanks for the inspiration.

Kristen Charles said...

In one of my bootcampesque classes, the instructor LOVES to say "it" during every exercise. My favorite is "Jack it out" when we get to jumping jacks. Mostly I just laugh a lot.

1 said...

sounds like some people need to re-enroll in English 9. what is that pronoun's antescedent?!!