Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Wednesday

Hello December!  Not sure if we got above 30 here today.  And the forecast over the next week has lows down as far as 10.  Not sure if The Winniferous will be taking many three-mile runs at this point.

This is solicitation week for The Jimmy V Foundation.  They do this every year and rally the college basketball establishment in particular with various efforts.  I think that the celebrity coaches and former players et. al. do this work for expenses only, and maybe less.  There are worse programs, for sure.

The Wednesday column in USA Today today by Craig Wilson was on memorable Christmas presents.  His theme was a combination of, 1) over the years, most presents are forgotten pretty quickly, and 2) the best present is a puppy.  I tend to agree with him on the first point, but I'm thinking that #2 is a bit of a stretch.  (2 probably disagrees with me on that one!)  The Remington that I received last year was certainly a memory maker, but those gifts from the '60's through the '80's and '90's are mostly lost in a fog.

Speaking of Christmas, how far out of whack is the PC crowd in this country that you can't have a Christmas Concert, and can trash the Pope, but you have to be careful not to insult Muhammad?  How long will it be before they'll want to edit the Pledge of Allegiance to delete the reference to "under God"?  I'm a bitter-clinger.

Thanks for reading.  Make Thursday a good one.

BCOT

2 comments:

2 said...

they haven't already taken it out?

Kristen Charles said...

PC, you get me that lefthanded corkscrew and I'll never forget it!

Anyone else interested, I also need a left handed peeler.