Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday

Laptop is still down.  Maybe out for the count.  When the techie asks about warranty period, it's usually not a good sign that the repair is almost complete.

There was a deluge here just after lunch that flooded the streets.  Now sunny, hot and humid.  Welcome to Summer in the Midwest.

I hope the Celtics win tonight, but I'd bet on LA.  And if LA wins tonight, I'd bet on them again to win on Thursday night.  It's really a matter of whether the old guys with the Celtics can hold Kobe to 40 or less, and keep the Lakers' supporting cast in the shadows.  Not that I will necessarily watch the full game.  I wonder if the Big O will elect to do a halftime speech or preempt the first quarter?

There was a power outage in my neighborhood last night right at dusk.  It must have been a limited area as SRH had no such problems and she had seen no TV announcements.  I had to shower in the dark and couldn't do my regular crossword work when I went to bed.  When I woke after midnight, the lights were back on and I had to go about re-setting all of the digital clocks.

My time with The Winniferous tonight.  I may do a short ride before I tag along for her walk.  Since she basically walks me.

I'm personally glad that the Big 12 has survived (for the time being).  I'm guessing that UT and OU did the math and figured that if the other eight schools gave them a deserving unequal share of revenues that a move to the Left Coast offered little rewards.  Going to play in Pullman can't be any better than a visit to Ames (which is, at least, in the same time zone).  Now the question is, will the Big 12 try to find a couple of replacements for the Buffs and Big Red?

One note of celebrity news, Jimmy Dean died  within the last week.  He had a country music hit called "Big Bad John" that I remember from days before I was a true country fan.  And his commercials for Jimmy Dean Sausage were a longtime trademark.  (It was his company, not one for which he was just a spokesman.)  And he had many TV and movie credits, including a role in the Bond flick, Diamonds Are Forever.  He wasn't a guy whom I would necessarily walk across the street to meet, but if he sat down by me at SB's for a cup of coffee, I'd be interested in what he had to say (particularly about Jill St. John).

Off for my dog-sitting duties.  Have a great evening.

BCOT

1 comment:

1 said...

several members of the fam have signed up for a 10k the sat. am of the reunion. should be fun! srh & kch (unless she decides to run)will be on baby duty.
the c's had no chance last night.
looking forward to the weekend in the quackers!