Thursday, June 03, 2010

Thursday

There won't be a lot of action here for the next couple of days.  There is a golf event down at Geneva in Muscatine that I am participating in through noon or so on Saturday.  Should be fun as long as the weather cooperates.  I played 9 holes yesterday with my pal Cal and the results weren't ugly.  We'll see whether the back holds up to the twisting of the golf swing.

My pal Pete and I did our early ride this AM, starting in very threatening weather, and finishing is a bright and sunny morning.  Even with the golf, I plan to do that early ride each day too.  Then DeWitt on Sunday.  I mean, TOMRV is now just a week away, and that means 85 on Saturday the 12th.

3 continues to pursue her future in The Big Apple.  She needs to give us more than Twitter reports.

So the ump blows a call at first base and it costs a pitcher a perfect game?  I've never been a proponent of instant replay in baseball, but situations like this should not be allowed to stand-up when the readily available replay gives obvious results to the contrary of the call on the field.  Shouldn't the crew chief be allowed to look at the film and over-rule an erronious call?  They've made it work (mostly) in the NFL and NBA.  They need to look at it in MLB.

Not sure if MLB Commish should over-rule after-the-fact.  But I wouldn't asterisk the perfect game if he did so.

Got to go.  Good luck to all.

BCOT


No comments: