Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Tuesday

Welcome to June!

Not quite sure why I didn't get anything added to the blog over the holiday weekend, but it just didn't happen.  I could blame The Winniferous, but that really wouldn't be fair as there was plenty of otherwise uninterupted time.  Maybe it was just a sign of the lack of excitement on Maplecrest Road.  Whatever.

The Tuesday after Memorial Day always feels like The First Day of Summer to me.  School's pretty much out (except for those districts around here that have snow days yet to make up), gardens have moved to the maintenance stage, and sunrise is before 0530.  The office goes casual (it isn't usually?), Margret is a regular ride, and beers on the deck at Gov's is a standard post-ride activity.

Here's a belated salute to the Armed Services.  I wasn't able to get over to The Arsenal yesterday because of 2's arrival from Beantown.  I might go over there one day this week just to get the feel of the recognition and rememberance.

2's visit to Beantown was a success.  Small travel hick-ups, but nothing too bad.  3 had to work late on Friday, and 2's phone was on the fritz, but everything worked out well in the end.  This is a shot of the girls taken Sunday night (I think) on the roof of 3's apartment building.  The North Church tower in the background.  Suite.

3 is busy juggling what should be the final weeks of her current job with interviews for her next one (in NYC).  After few positives from her job-hunting efforts across the Winter and early Spring, she's had a number of good things come up in the last three weeks, and hopefully will be able to land something definite this month.  Good luck, Kiddo!

SRH's visit to the TC over the weekend also was successful.  This is a pic from 1's posting yesterday, and I think was taken a week or so ago when they went to the Twinkies' game against the Yankees for 1's birthday. 1.01 is getting big!

1.1 finished the Madison Marathon on Sunday, but received no official time as the organizers shut down the event after the top runners had finished and the temperature had reached 85 degrees.  This is the second time that he has had a marathon run into heat problems. 

My weekend with The Winniferous was not bad.  I'm not ready for full-time dog responsibilities, but I survived.  I've lived so many years where I haven't had to consult with anyone else on my schedule that being this responsible was noticeable.  Here's my Top Ten list of Winniferous-isms:

1. No, biting my hand is not a game.
2. No, my sunroom carpet is not an outside place.
3. I have an alarm if I want to get up at 0515.
4. Squirrels are not weaking a carin up the street.
5. My bed is not your bed.
6. That chocolate lab is not your same size.
7. It is extemely unlikely that you will catch that bird.
8. I have no clue where you hid that bone.
9. I do not need your help in my bathroom.
10. My popsicles are not your popsicles.

Hope the week is a good one for the peanut gallery.

BCOT

2 comments:

1 said...

what a nice pic of 2 & 3!!!
what schools are out?? i've got 8 days left!!

2 said...

1) how cute is P?!?!?!?
2) how cute is Winnie!?!?!
3) how cute are 2 & 3?!?!?!?