Sunday, June 06, 2010

Sunday

Here's to the boys who made history on this day in 1944.

My weekend of golf came to an uneventful (and certainly un-noteworthy) end Saturday afternoon.  The clubs will stay on the rack for a while as my back recovers.  The one good report is that we didn't spend much time in the rain.

My business partner's oldest daughter was married yesterday and he hosted a great party last night in Bettendorf.  I'm guessing 225-250 guests at the new events center.  9-piece band, color-coordinated everything, and plenty of adult beverages.  I lasted until around 8:30.  I'll be curious to hear the stories tomorrow about the rest of the evening.

My pal Pete and I did the DeWitt ride this morning.  I didn't have very good legs, but Petey had a LtPC Rule # 1 incident yesterday on the metal-grated bike path bridge to The Arsenal, and so he was hurting a bit himself.  Anyway, the wind wasn't awful, the temps were good, and breakfast at the Sunrise Cafe was super.  I'll be riding the 15-20 milers 3-4 days this week as final prep for next weekend's TOMRV ride.

3 had an unexpected trip to the TC come up yesterday, so she's with 1 and 1.01 right now.  (Sorry 1.1; Dad kind of fades into the background when new babies are around.)  I think she returns to the East Coast tomorrow evening.  3 is a VIP for her firm at a client meeting tomorrow.  Suite.

Just wanted to put up something tonight to get a string going.  With golf not in the picture, maybe normality will creep into my life tomorrow.

Have a great week.

BCOT

2 comments:

2 said...

She's growing up so fast!

Kristen Charles said...

you never blog anymore.

If you don't blog, how's Craig Wilson supposed to come up with a good column if you're not giving him material?