Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday

Looks like the heat spell may have run it's course.  The low tonight should be below 60.  Suite.

I took my bike in today for a routine "tune-up", and it sounds like they are swapping-out every part on the frame.  I usually take the bike in once a year for this stuff and they tighten the shifters, tweak the brakes, and clean and lube everything, but rarely do they replace the brake cables and repack the bearings.  Or keep it over night.  Which means I had to dust the cob-webs off the old Trek 2100 this evening so that I could ride with @bcbison at oh-dark-hundred tomorrow.  (Check Twitter to see how it worked!)

The landscape guy finally came by and replaced the poorly performing bushes, freshened the mulch, and supposedly sprayed the grasses that the preemergent didn't touch.  It looks pretty good.  I think that he has some annuals to add before he's done. It only took him two extra months to meet his promises.

Erin is in the house for tonight's Game One of the CWS championship series in Omaha.  Looks like a full house.  For the crossword puzzle fans in the peanut gallery, the color guy, Orel Hersheiser, is an infrequent, but recurrent answer for the clue, "Dodger pitcher nick-named Bulldog".

Now it looks like I may have a problem with the Taurus.  The car left a trail of fluid on my driveway sometime today.  The brake fluid cap was off when I opened the hood.  No idiot lights came on.  Looks like a visit to the shop.  Let's see, water in basement, bike under repair, Taurus weeping.  LtPC is not buying a lottery ticket tonight.  But if they take short orders, I may be there.

Thanks for reading.

BCOT

2 comments:

3 said...

i think shorting the lottery is always a good bet...

1 said...

i told you the taurus was sketch.