Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday

No blog tonight.

2 and I are headed over to an Augie game for the first time since before Christmas. And I'm going to sneak into a spin class at 1730 before I meet 2.

CNBC had Erin Burnett set up in front of The Alamo for her mid-day show today. I know that the rodeo is in town, but I think they have some high-tech thing going on as well. Whatever. They had Erin wearing one of the least-flattering props that I have ever seen a national anchor don: a 10 gallon hat that made her look like a clown. Cramer couldn't stop laughing. Wow. I hope they had plenty of muscle in the wings to protect her. The areas around The Alamo and away from The River Walk are a little sketchy.

The latest women athletes to take heat for exploiting their bods are Danica Patrick (auto racing)and Lindsay Vonn (skiing). There were some blogging criticisms of Vonn's SI cover being too sexy. And she was in her ski suit. They may have been the same people who felt that Scott Brown was too chummy with his bikini-clad daughters. Not sure who has the moral high ground here. Tiger? Girls wear bikinis. If wearing them in front of a camera gets them a few endorsement deals, go for it.

OK. Maybe a report later after the game.

BCOT

1 comment:

2 said...

We got home in time to catch Danica on CSI:NY (my favorite CSI). 1/4 of her time on screen was her character in a sexy photoshoot. It's all good, I only watch the show to catch a glimpse of Tag.