Monday, February 08, 2010

Monday

Glad the Super Bowl is over. I was probably more of a Manning fan than New Orleans, but in the end, I really didn't care that much who won. Mostly, I was just tired of seeing and hearing nothing but Super Bowl stuff in the media for the last two weeks. Now, with the Pro Bowl already done too, we can kiss the NFL good-bye for a few weeks.

BTW, Revkev, I'm probably a no-show for the ride around the lake. I did that a few years ago and, while I was glad to say that I had done the circuit, I came away with little interest for a repeat performance. The South Shore half of the ride isn't much fun, and the traffic on the four-lane from Stateline all the way to the cut off toward Incline is like riding on the Interstate.

Big Monday bummer: Holly Rowe, not Erin, in Austin. (Observation: Bill Self will have a modified comb-over in less than five years.)

I had a client in on Friday who runs a Hallmark shop and he was saying that Valentine's Day being on a Sunday is bad for business. I'm still digesting that factoid. I mean, you're either going to get a card or not, and you're going to buy that nick-nack as a gift for your Valentine. Or not. Not sure that I understand the psychology of the weekend holiday difference.

The Davenport Gold's recently converted a room in the lower level to a cardio theater. They've got 20-25 treadmill/stepper/bike machines facing a theater-size screen, and they're showing video-released movies. I went in Sunday afternoon to do some treadmill work (since I was closed out of the morning spin class), and I decided to give the new room a try.

The movie being shown was some Renee Zellweger chic-flick. The sound was about three clicks too loud, and the room was at least as dark as a theater. I felt my way to an open treadmill and tried to get started. The bad news was that I couldn't read any of the dials on the panel and just kept hitting a few touch pads trying to keep a steady (read slow) speed. Whenever the movie had a brighter scene, I tried to use the light to read the panel. No luck. I tried to shine my Indiglo light from my Ironman with similarly fruitless results. Inside of 15 minutes, I gave up and went upstairs to the regular cardio area and watched golf. Is there a flashlight in the house?

The over-under on Danica Patrick still being on the track at the end of the Nationwide race at Daytona on Saturday? The race is 120 laps long. If the betting line is 80 laps, take the under.

It's supposed to snow several inches in the next 24 hours. So far, not bad.

Have a great Tuesday.

BCOT

1 comment:

1 said...

the cardio room sounds really annoying. and lbh, is it practical to offer ONE movie for a large group of people? seems like a waste to me. who's going to get on a cardio machine for the duration of an entire movie? what's the point of watching a half hour of a movie?