Thursday, February 25, 2010

Thursday AM

Just a few lines this morning to feed the information super highway. 

I am so excited about today's bipartisan Health Care Summit at the White House.

The local news here yesterday was that the elderly mother of one of our employees got a little confused and drove her car into the West side of our building.  With feeling!  And actually backed away and tried to line herself up to give it a second shot before figuring out that maybe she was a little too close to the curb.  Significant cosmetic damage.  I don't think anything structural, but it was not just a little ding.  Reminded me of Mother in her last year of driving.  The synapses are just not fully engaged.

Tough day to be a whale trainer at Sea World.  I'm hardly an expert, but I don't think that trainers who work with these different animal acts (lions, tigers, and bears: oh my!) are ever truly out of harm's way.  I mean, humans routinely wander off the reservation.  Why wouldn't an animal who's brain doesn't process Chaucer?

You normally read about this kind of thing in the gossip pages or hear of it on Judge Judy (whomever she is), but I got it first hand from a local, single-lady acquaintance.  She found out over the weekend that her boyfriend of two or three years had put a spyware device on her computer, and he was able to monitor her personal and business email remotely.  What a great path to relationship building.  A bit sadly, she's giving him a pass. (Although, supposedly, the spyware has been removed.  Right.)

More later
.
Now Thursday PM:  Really turned into a very nice day.  Sunny.  30's.  The snow pack even shrank a little bit. My day was a little off due to some bad shrimp in Muscatine last night.  I had gone down to Geneva to meet informally with my pal Cal and his office manager.  We got the informal part of it covered, but not much of the meeting.

Then I had a consultation with a periodontist on a tooth problem.  For $90, he told me he wasn't real sure what to do to resolve it. I'm thinking that there may be an extraction in my future.  Lovely.

Then late in the afternoon I met with a mortgage banker and signed the paperwork to refi the homestead.  The game plan is to complete the payoff on the place around the time 4KDAYS hits it's expiration date.  4.25% ARM, resetting in the fifth year.  By which time, with my extra principal payments, the thing will be gone.  Suite.

Going to try to do spin tomorrow in the AM.  My favorite instructor does one at 9.  I might have a "meeting" out of the office about that time.

BCOT

No comments: