Friday, February 05, 2010

Friday AM

Just a few lines this morning. We have a little snow coming down right now. Just enough to slicken-up the roads.

Tough day in the markets yesterday. Lots of concerns about sovereign debt in Greece, Spain and Portugal. Toyota gas pedals. US deficits. A possible China growth bubble? All I can say is, "Buckle up, Buttercup."

I did not previously comment here on the results from Ground Hog Day. Six more weeks of Winter would seem to be a safe bet this year. But really, how did Ground Hog Day get started? If Hallmark Cards didn't come up with it on it's own, I'm betting that the agency who has advised Hallmark on the various days to celebrate (i.e., Left-Handers' Day, Peruvian Incan Day, and who can forget, Barbershop Quartets' Day?) was in Punxsutawney one day and we now have Bill Murray in his most memorable role. Whatever.

So I figured out how to post pictures to Walgreen's Photos. Turns out that I've had an account there for a long time, but my original enrollment was before my digital camera ownership days. Pretty easy to transfer pics to the site, so look for more use of it in the future.

Check out the new plates for the Buick!!! I had received the notice that they were "in" a couple of weeks ago, but hadn't taken the time to pick them up until today. When I was in Muscatine yesterday, the local cops gave me a ticket for expired plates, even though the offense is not even their juristiction (maybe), and the penalty date doesn't start until March 1st. Whatever. It was a good reminder to get current, so I did. Suite.

Low key weekend in store for me. More entries here fo' sure.

BCOT

No comments: