Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesday

Last night was one of those nights when I woke up at 0230, and basically couldn't get back to sleep. Bummer. Hope tonight reverses the course. I did ruin out of gas by late afternoon. (The crucial question is, "Did that second glass of Cabernet have anti-sleep tannins in it?")

I had a follow-up appointment with my regular doc this AM. He's the one who scheduled the CT scan and the echo cardiogram tests. He said today that his concern was internal injuries, and that the violence of my accident had the potential for literally ripping internal organs from their self-contained localities. My tests and his further examinations have established that none of that apparently occurred. He did say that recovery for these injuries can stretch to 12 weeks.

The ND men's bball team just punched their NIT ticket to get to NYC to contend for the 66th Best Team In The Country title next week. Whoopie. (Alas, Poor Yorick, it looks like RevKev's Gaels, on the other hand, will have to wait for another year.)

My pal Bill and I are accompanying my pal Roy and one of his business partners in the morning over to a new venture they're looking at somewhere in Indiana. Flying private. On a small jet. If all goes well, we should be back shortly after noon. Life in the fast lane.

Props to the Iowa State women for making their Sweet Sixteen. Although going through Ball State rather than an under-achieving Tennessee squad did ease the task. But you play who shows up and the 'Clones are legit. If they hit their threes, they can beat anybody. Except UConn.

2 has a little gig at the Museum tomorrow night, that includes a sneak-peek at some of the U of Iowa's art that is making a home at the Figge. I think I'll be stopping in for a gander.

So that's all for tonight. Have a great Thursday.

BCOT

No comments: