Saturday, March 28, 2009

Saturday

1 reports that she and 1.1 did make it to Phoenix today. Looks like she's enjoying a cold one in this phone pic from a Spring Training game. Cool!

We have snow showers here today. So far, no accumulation.

......
Now later.

I spoke too soon. We now have 1-2 inches of heavy wet snow.

I see where Lance is back on a stationary bike, just a couple of days after surgery. I'm five weeks away from the accident and haven't been able to sustain any rehab or training.

I received my first ever video-police ticket in the mail today. $65. Hello. I know exactly what was going on. I was making a right turn on red when going over to check 2 out in the St. Patty's Day run. Unless there is a "No Turn On Red " sign at the intersection, I'm going to fight the citation.

This in nothing but a money-grab by the city. Of course it is! They also have it set up for speeding as one of the coffee guys actually got two in one day. (I think going and coming to work in the QCA from Muscatine.) Generally, I don't have a constitutional problem with the concept. If it slows some speed-freaks down going through these intersections, I think the end result is OK.

The Iowa State women are playing Michigan State in their Sweet Sixteen game. MSU has a 6'9" center who is causing some serious problems. But the clones are keeping it close by hitting threes, loosening the middle and getting some back-doors.

Full day at the office tomorrow. It's that time of year.

See you on-line.

BCOT

1 comment:

1 said...

we arrived and the weather is perfect! looking forward to another great day of vaca!

i read a brief article in the paper the other day about a lady who was pulled over for DUI three days in a row. the second day she was pulled over she told the officer she was still working on the box of wine from the first day. can we say 'stupid news'?