Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday AM

Hello Selection Sunday!!

Very low key here this AM. It's Spring Break week and lots of the "regulars" are out of town. I had toyed with the idea of doing spin class this morning, but when I checked the list yesterday afternoon, the class was full. I took it as a sign that I should wait another day. My pal Cal said that I really can't hurt myself further by doing the class, if I can stand the pain. Maybe tomorrow.

Ouch! Wash U just hammered the Tommies last night for a ticket to the D-III Final Four. (WU is going for a repeat. Augie got beat by them in OT in last year's sub-regional, and in OT again at the start of this season. Which means that Augie remains thiiiissss close to the top of the heap.)

Back to the Madness. The tournament is wide open this year. Look at the teams that got beat in their conference tournaments this weekend. Two weeks ago, ND ran Louisville out of the gym. And ND is NIT-bound. But I do like Louisville and Pitt as Final Four teams. And I'm saying now, without knowing who is where, that at least one 4th (or lower) seeded team will make it to the finals.

My pal Roy has a pre-paid card here at SB's to buy coffee for any member of the Armed Services who comes in the store in uniform. He's done this for years. Every so often a GI will go out of his/her way to express his/her appreciation for this small financial assistance. Last week, a GI whom I did not recognize, who had been through 2-3 times, stopped and thanked Roy. And then he came back in and quietly, but very movingly, presented Roy with a uniform patch that he had worn on one of his tours in Iraq. His 30-second thank-you was mist-producing in a rough crowd.

It may be a wash-Margret day. Sunny and 50+ in the forecast. If I can convince 4 to assist, I'll get some new pics up later.

3 and I had a good, "What is the meaning of life?" conversation last night. (She did admit that I was Plan B as Mom, 2, and 4 were at the movies.) No absolute revelations or conclusions, but those Philosophy/Logic classes at ND are still applicable. Kind of like Econ 101: the questions remain the same: it's the answers that change.

So anyway. Get out there and enjoy the day.

BCOT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would comment that dad was only the back-up because his interest level in that brand of long-winded conversation with no clear destination is typically somewhat limited and I generally try to spare him the pain. You want someone to empathize on BO's latest BS, he's your guy. Ditto in-depth analysis of the economic crisis and when/if it will end. But typically, if there is no right answer, there is discussion of a boy, and the conversation extends past the ten minute mark, you're in "mom" territory. He really stepped up last night, however, and I greatly appreciated the insights and support. Dad knows some stuff. Whodathunkit?

Anonymous said...

cool story about roy.