Monday, March 16, 2009

Monday

Not much to add today. Still a little below par.

This is tax-St. Patrick's Day. All of the local festivities were last weekend. Parade. Corned beef and cabbage. Green beer at Kelly's. I'm not sure of the calendar, but I know that the NCAA tournament is often already started by now. I can remember ND playing on the 17th and the announcers thinking that the Luck 'o Irish was some kind of advantage.

I missed recognition of the Ides of March. Time passes when you're having this much fun.

My second Italian travel book came in today. Milan.

Here's a little shout out to 3 for fighting her battles at work. Lots of hours. Not a lot of satisfaction. Been there.

I know this doesn't help, but I remember my last tax season at Andersen, and my primary client was a family in C-town that owned several high profile businesses (including a couple of the professional sports franchises in town). There was an all-inclusive audit, and several tax returns. Anyway, the audit partner and the tax partner on the client weren't speaking to one another. I had to have a separate meetings with one, and then go to the other partner and clear the conclusions.

I had one desk in the tax staff "bull-pen" area, where I would work on general stuff during the day, and then I had an office back in the caves where I would go after five, and work on the big client's stuff until the 2130 train. I hated my life.

Anyway, Kiddo, you can do it. Just keep your wits. And don't under-estimate the value of the power nap.

Wear some green tomorrow!

BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Martha said:

Rick Steve's travel guides are hard to beat