Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sunday

I've had a very un-productive day. That ride yesterday took quite a bit out of me and I slept poorly. Lots of couch time after coffee.

The tournament has a couple of surprises, but mostly, I picked the wrong teams for the Sweet Sixteen. I have no worries about being a factor in the clan's contest.

CBS and Direct TV managed to have a mix-up last night and I wasn't able to see both close games late in the evening. My guess is that it was a software malfunction. I sent an irate e-mail to Direct TV, but have yet to receive a response. My suspicion is that mine was not the only receiver with the problem. So much for seeing all 64 games as stated in their ads.

My other gripe with the NCAA package on Direct TV is that CBS controls all of the times that the games are started. On both weekend days, they started just one game in the early slot, and then ran first, the next three games together, and then the last two together. Those that started together always got to media -time-outs and half-times at about the same times, so it was hard to watch as much of each game that you may have preferred. I'm sure that some ad exec had the media-buys measured out to maximize income.

The value of the package will be diminished this week since we're only talking about four games each on Thursday and Friday. Then it becomes worthless on the weekend as there are only two games each day. An analyst might want to figure the diminishing marginal cost of my $69 for the deal (per day, game and/or round).

4 is back in the 563 time zone. (Soon she'll be in the 319 with her return to IC later this evening.) Here she is in Mom's kitchen with some home-made chicken noodle soup. 2 and I joined in for supper. Her trip home from Boston was OK. And her stay with 3 was successful.

Busy week ahead. I need to reverse the course from the last four weeks in which my Vicodin-induced stupor lead to hugely ineffective days.

I learned when I did that salute to Mother last week that Blogger has a "Search" function that allows you to get into historical entries. I couldn't find where I had stored that pic in my computer and just took a shot, and was pleasantly surprised.

Have a great Monday.

BCOT

No comments: