Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday

The snow that came yesterday afternoon was added to over night, and I had to do a serious scraping on the Taurus this AM to make it drivable. But almost all of the snow is now gone, and it's supposed to be 50 tomorrow. I guess nothing in March should surprise us.

I re-read the ticket sent to me on the red light issue, and they direct you on-line to the sight that actually runs the program, and you can actually play the video of your violation. In my case, I was guilty of the old California moving stop, but I think that I still have a case since the right turn was to a street blocked by a barricade. I figure I have a 20% chance of selling my argument.

I was surprised to find the Oracle of Iowa at the top of the clan's pool this morning. I guess I was the only one who had faith in Villanova. My gloating was short-lived though as L'ville was my pick to win it all. Maybe next year. (But what happens if Michigan State wins it all?)

I've had this thought recently that we are living in some pseudo sci-fi world where Big Brother is rhythmically beating a drum in the background and the masses are constantly encouraged to conform to the beat. BO is constantly on the tube, the Internet, the radio and is the lead story in every newspaper. (BTW, is the campaign over?) A hybrid movie combination of 1984, Soylent Green, Logan's Run, and Startrek. That video camera ticket didn't help.

My plan is to try spin class again in the AM. Sleeping still hasn't been the best, but seeing Lance already at it humbles me. The age difference not withstanding. I mean, it's not like the others in the class will be dropping me going up some fictional hill.

My post-op opinion on the Direct TV NCAA extra game package is a mixed bag. You really need to measure the value based on the games for the first two days (say 75%) and a little for the following two days of that first weekend (the remaining 25%). There just isn't much value after that. And when you add in the irritation of CBS announcers and CBS scheduling of start times, the equation gets iffier. Maybe if you were to host a Friday night party that Friday night of the first round. Whatever.

Have a great week.

BCOT

3 comments:

4 said...

I got ticketed for a California right turn a couple years ago and fought it in court. I lost because of the video from the camera in the officer's car.

Airliner pizza would make your life a little better, I bet.

1 said...

1.1 may have gotten zapped by the camera cop on the phoenix freeway. we saw a flash as we wizzed by but will have to wait to see if we get at ticket. think the utah rental plates will throw them off? the camera radar cops seem to be set up at almost every mile here, but they don't all appear to be working. it must be a random scheduling of which cameras are in operation each hour of each day. speeders have to roll the die and risk the ticket! btw...we weren't going that fast...about 7 over :(

the weather is still beautiful. saw man-ram yesterday, though he didn't do much hitting. at pitching changes he left left field and sat in the bullpen. the liftime club here is really nice and we usually relax by the pool before heading out to the game. camelback ranch was a really nice facility shared by the dodgers and white sox and had about 17 fields. so far the restaurant choices have been busts. i guess you either have to get a recommendation (even then it can be sketchy) or stick with a chain. we tried two new places and they both tanked. we're going to look for an outback tonight.

at our valet on sat. night in scottsdale there were two bentleys, a rolls royce, and a '57 chevy. it's depressing when people are driving cars worth two or three times the value of your house. we were driving the pontiac.

Soo said...

Campaigning never ends. I guess in order to avoid being bombarded by social media (from BO or anything else - I had to switch from Hotmail to Gmail because the weightloss ads on MSN creep me out) you need to become anti-social :) And who wants to do that? I guess we'll all have to develop new blinders of sorts.

There's a camera on River Drive that I pass at least twice everyday. I'm shocked I haven't gotten a ticket...