Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday

Well, for those not following me on Twitter, the news today is that yesterday's CT scan came up with a cracked sternum and two cracked ribs on my right side. In one respect, one might ask, "And why wasn't this discovered in the ER after the accident when they took all those x-rays?" On the other hand, I feel just a little better knowing that my discomfort is now better-explained. And I know also that there's really no treatment for these kind of injuries. So, suck it up, buttercup.

My pal Cal (the surgeon and Scottsdale golf trip bud), has been beating himself up ever since the accident for not insisting that the ER doc order a CT scan. (I had called Cal while I was in the ER and, since he happened to be in the hospital, he had come down and checked out the x-rays and satisfied himself that I was probably OK. I remember him asking if they had done a CT, and then letting it go since I was really not his patient.)

My regular doc ordered the tests due to my continued discomfort. Plus, I don't think he wanted that Vicodin prescription to go un-reviewed. I'm sure that he'll be using me as a reference in the future in other post-accident pain situations.

Here's a shout out to 2 for Daughter Of The Day. This is a shot of her on the way to the finish at this morning's St. Patrick's Day 5K race in Davenport. Notice that form!

They probably had 800-1000 runners/walkers in the event today. I saw several acquaintances (including Sarah's dad, 1). Pretty favorable conditions. Lots of runners in t-shirts and shorts. I was a little tired watching.

Margret made it out for another spin. She was in fine form as well.

I received in the mail today the first book in the Amazon order that I made earlier this week. My total price for five books was $40, so I feel like my per unit cost was/is pretty reasonable (provided they are all delivered).

3 has connected with the gal in Boston who found her phone. There are honest people in the world.

The Big 12 tournaments are in Oklahoma City this year. When it was the Big 8, the tournament was always in KC, the perfect site. (Some very good times for PC and his buds.) With the expansion, they now rotate between KC, Dallas, and OK City. They certainly don't get the Iowa State fans that far south. Then again, the Clones don't exactly draw that well in Ames these days. (The Big 10 is in Indianapolis this year, as an alternative to Chicago. I think C-town should be the permanent site.) (The Big East is always at Madison Square Garden, while the ACC rotates, this year in Atlanta, next year in Greensboro.)

All of which begs the question, "Why?" And the easy answer (or, more aptly,the answer is easy): money.

Thanks to 2 and 4 for visiting the ill and infirmed.

I'm blog-casting from SB's in the AM.

BCOT

No comments: