Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Wednesday

I think our family may be partially responsible for the growth in SB's stock.

3 and I did tenderloins ar The 11th Street Precinct in the Village today. We had tentatively planned to do brats at Golick's, but it started to rain right at noon, so we went to Plan B. It was a good Plan B.

Craig Wilson was lamenting that "old" feeling in his column today about the bright-eyed summer interns at the paper. It was another case of idea theft.

I was lucky last night on my ride. I compounded my test of good fortune by not only riding at the busiest of times, but I also elected to spend a couple of miles on the busiest road. On at least one occasion on Middle Road, while trying to ride the white line at the edge of the road, I slipped off the road and onto the gravelled shoulder, with a car speeding past on my left, just inches away. When I immediately guided back to the pavement, the lay of the land was smooth. If there had been a ridge, I could have gone down, and there might have been a bad result.

2 and I are headed to Men's Warehouse after work to get me fitted for my tux for the 7/20 event. The last time I was in a tux, I was a groom.

I see where JR and crew are sampling life in Italia. The Discovery support staff had equally fine things to say about Italian transportation systems a couple of weeks ago when they had to shuttle to the mainland after the first three stages of the Giro on Sardinia.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Be careful out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm getting a little nervous about the portion of our trip in Italy. We are avoiding Milan - that is where all of my friends encountered t-r-o-u-b-l-e with trains... The Italians have a much different attitude towards life I guess.

Anonymous said...

Martha

Julie and I had a great time in Italy last fall. Air to Milan, trains to Venice and Florence.