Monday, June 11, 2007

Monday AM

Back at work. Good weekend. Busy week ahead.

The ride on Saturday went pretty much as scheduled. I left my place around 6:20AM and arrived 84 miles later in Galena around 2:00PM. I stopped a total of five times for meals and snacks. The weather was near perfect with sunshine and a helpful, small southwesterly breeze. The full ride on Saturday to Dubuque is right at 110 miles, but my abbreviated route is a good day for me. My backside was looking for the barn after the 60 mile mark. That Sunday return trip has little appeal.

2 met me at the appointed tavern right on time. I was sipping an adult beverage on my couch by 4:30.

It's a ride of around 1500-1600 cyclists, most of whom pass me on the road.

Sunday was a bit of a recovery day, although I did get my yard done and went to the driving range to hit some balls in anticipation of three days of golf later this week with my pal Roy.

1's engagement picture/announcement was in the paper on Sunday. Look'n good!

Sounds like 4 has been doing some travelling and stuff in Espana. She advised me today that my 6/1/07 letter was finally received.

More later.

Be careful out there.

No comments: