Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday

Thanks to 1. Always nice to be recognized.

My ride last night was a good one of 21+. Did twice around DCC. The one distraction was that they were putting in a couple of new streets in a new extension of the Stoney Creek housing development off of Forest Grove Road. And the concrete trucks were out in full force. My buddy with the paving company said that they did over 80 truckloads yesterday afternoon.

To an extent, the sprawl of the housing in northeast Bettendorf affects us bikers similarly as it does the wild life. The once lightly-travelled county roads are now as busy as arterial streets in town. You can no longer head out at 5:00 PM and expect an open road.

My American cleaning girl did a so-so job. She was far-less particular than my regular Russian gal, and not as good as the substitute Russian. She vacuumed and dusted, but I know that she spent less than three hours at what I told her was a four hour job. But she had only nominal instructions (from me), and the end result was ok. It just didn't exceed expectations.

We talked to 4 today here at the office. She happened to call at a time when 3 was also here. I share everyone's joy in reading her blog. She's looking forward to Barcelona. But she's really looking forward to seeing her sisters next week.

Clemons couldn't get out of the fifth inning in Colorado today. They'll need to score 7-8 runs a game for him to have a winning record.

All for today. I need to get a card for 4 to the USPS before the last pick-up. Her next letter from me will be delivered by 2!

Be careful out there.

No comments: