Monday, June 04, 2007

Monday

Hard to believe that it has been a full week since the QC Criterium. We have the race volunteers' party tonight at a pub over in Rock Island.

I was surprised to learn that the Hawkeyes had been in the top 25 nationally in basketball attendance until last year when they dropped to 29th. My guess is that if they win with the new guy, they will get back up there. People don't have a lot else to do in Iowa in the Winter.

I got hooked on the movie "Accepted" last night when I was cruising through the movie channels on my dish. That's the story about a kid whose applications get turned down by all of the colleges to which he applies. So he and a couple of his friends invent a school, set up a website, and end up with a student body. The protagonist was previously on the TV show "Ed". Mindless humor.

All for today. I need to get out of here.

Be careful out there.

No comments: