Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wednesday

The comment about the cobbler's kids yesterday was indeed a reference to me completing my own tax return extension at the last hour.

This was a very low key day. In years prior to my establishment of the securities business, I would usually take a day or two off from work after April 15th. But with the securities markets open today like any other day, I do not have the luxury of taking a personal day to recover my sanity. But the phones have been pretty quiet so it has been ok.

My Russian cleaning lady is back in Russia for several weeks to visit a daughter and new grandchild, so I have a substitute, whom I think is also Russian. She called to confirm her schedule last weekend. I stopped by over the noon hour to meet her, but she had come and gone. It looks like she did a good job, although I did have to rearrange my throw rugs. She probably put them in a pile to vacuum, and then had to guess where they needed to go afterwards.

I need to mow my yard tonight. My neighbors on either side have each mowed their yards twice. I may need to catch the clippings to capture the winter's waste on the first go-around. I noticed that some of my decorative shrubs have had their early leaf-sprouts singe by the spate of cold weather that we had last week. What had started as an early Spring may be somewhat the opposite.

I hope to re-energize 4000 Days in the next few weeks. I know that the stress of tax season has found it's way on to these pages and I want to get back to talking about the more positive things in our lives. The original goal was to provide a portal to reach out to the girls in their diverse lives and to share my thoughts and perspectives. It is interesting to realize that a well-considered entry on a daily basis is not that easy of a task to execute. Particularly when the pressures of work get in the way.

Maybe we need to revive Frank and Melanie.

OK. All for the day.

Be careful out there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

whatever, susan. try and sound wise and intelligent. did you google the phrase or something? I have a little bragging to do: right now my signifcant other (should we call him 1.5, 5, .5?...) is doing to dish at the U's game. for those of you who know what the 'dish' is....
luckily the game didn't get canceled due to the bomb threats at the U today. they evacuated 7 buildings, but there was apparently no imminent danger.

Anonymous said...

Why, do you mean homeplate?

Anonymous said...

yes, as a matter of fact, smartypants