Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thursday

I agree with 1.

Mom said that 2 and 4 have purchsed their tickets for Europe.

I came in to the office around 5 or so this AM. It reminded me of the times in our last couple of winters in Chicago in the late '70's when we would drive in from Arlington Heights about 5 AM to beat the traffic. The snow and cold had combined to throw the train schedules into the unreliable range. And then would not leave downtown until 9+ PM to avoid traffic at night. Get home at 10 or so, snack, go to bed. And get up at Four Bells to start again.

30 years later and I'm walking the same walk. Bring on Power Ball.

A great article in the paper this morning about Casey At The Bat. There's a new book out about the guy who made a living reciting the poem. I'll try to scan the article and email it to the fans. If you were to Google "Casey At The Bat" in Google News, you'll get some info on the new book.

That radio referenced by Anonymous today was my first, and long-time, exposure to electronic media. I know we had it in the barn when I was a kid, but I think I took it to my room in the tween years to listen to games at night.

All for tonight.

Be careful out there.

No comments: